Veterans Program - VA Contract Nursing Facility
Providing Veterans the Dignified Care They Deserve
Congestive Heart Failure Rehabilitation
Touchpoints Signature Post-Acute Rehabilitation Program
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
Consultation by Board Certified Pulmonologist, Sleep Medicine Specialist and Respiratory Therapist
"Prehab" Program and Post Surgical Orthopedic Care
Skilled Nursing and Sub-Acute Specialty Programs
Behavioral Health Program - Secured Unit
Purpose, Mission, Philosophy
Respite Care Services
Cardiac Recovery Services
Dietary and Dining Services
Social Services, Care and Discharge Planning
Congestive Heart Failure Rehabilitation
A Touchpoints Rehab Signature Program
Through Touchpoints Rehab’s comprehensive heart failure rehabilitation program, our patients receive personalized care from our multidisciplinary team, with attention to maximizing the effectiveness of medication therapy, enhancing knowledge of chronic disease and increasing exercise tolerance. Care is tailored to the unique needs of each of our patients as they move through the continuum of care.
Individuals entering rehabilitation are always unique, but their primary objective is typically the same – a return to health, home and what’s important in life, as soon as possible. At Touchpoints Rehab we understand. Our innovative, personalized program is designed to accelerate the recovery process, so that patients can Get Well, Live Well and Be Well, faster, better and with fewer challenges than any traditional rehabilitation program.
Touchpoints Rehab, in collaboration with the Congestive Heart Failure Service of the Hoffman Heart and Vascular Institute at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center offers both inpatient and outpatient programs. These programs are designed to optimize therapy, promote recovery, and provide ongoing quality of life for patients experiencing congestive heart failure.
Our heart failure program is customized to the patient’s needs and include:
- Oversight by Saint Francis Hospital clinicians including a consulting cardiologist on staff.
- Ongoing cardiac evaluations
- Cardiac education for you and your family
- Heart healthy menu
- weight monitoring
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Customized care planning
- Home support and discharge planning
- Weekly rounds by St Francis hospital practitioner
- IV Lasix, Bumex and Milrinone therapies
- Weekly lab value monitoring
- Touchpoints Rehab locations in Bloomfield and Manchester are part of the Saint Francis Hospital Post Acute Care Network.
Saint Francis and Touchpoints - Post Acute Care Network Partnership
To serve our patients better and help them stay well, we are pleased to have been included in the Saint Francis Hospital Post Acute Care Network, offering our patients a specialized post-acute heart failure program in a private, dedicated setting.
Some patients who have been hospitalized following heart failure may be encouraged to stay in a post-acute facility to regain their strength. Our network partnerships ensure that our patients receive rehabilitation services in close collaboration with their medical team within the hospital networks. The key features of this unique approach include:
- The Touchpoints Rehab team has been trained by the hospital network heart failure team. The clinical team follows their established protocols.
- Touchpoints Rehab has an experienced physician and physician extenders on-site for 24/7 care.
- The Touchpoints Rehab team includes a dedicated Director of Transitional Care who follows heart failure patients through the course of their care, including after discharge home and provides additional, continuous clinical over- sight and support.
- The hospital and Touchpoints Rehab teams remain in continuous communication, working together to ensure a smooth transition. In addition, the hospital team remains informed on the progress of patients’ post-acute stays on a daily basis and continuing through discharge home.
- Once discharged, patients are reconnected with their primary care provider through the Heart Failure Clinic.
- Touchpoints Rehab staff are skilled in the delivery of all IV treatments and modalities.
- Consultations and daily communication with the hospital team ensure continuity of care and optimal treatment decisions.
- Careful oversight of progress and a quieter, more personal environment are highly conducive to rapid improvements.
- Individually paced rehab programming enables faster recovery, stabilization and restoration of strength.